Spark Arc bindings have been improved in just about every way over the summer, and the Spark R&D Arc ST Pro Splitboard Bindings go even further in their quest for the lightest and most efficient splitboard connection possible.
Don't forget pucks - regular and canted available.
Spark started by initiating their "ST" (Smooth Touring) program on just about any connection with inherent friction, and using a fresh overmolding process proceeded to drastically improve both performance and durability. With the Pro Series bindings, they jumped at any opportunity to cut weight without sacrificing performance, adding carbon to the highbacks, hollowing out the pivot pins, and substituting alloy hardwear for stainless steel where possible. The Arc ST Pro is the softer flexing of the company's offerings, best for those who prefer a surfier, more forgiving ride.
- TOUR MODE: Hollow Pivot Pins – Made with stainless steel and hollowed out to be 33% lighter than standard pins Improved ST (Smooth Touring) Mode – Spark injection molds a proprietary thermoplastic over existing aluminum or steel parts in a process called "overmolding," reducing friction and improving durabillity. ST (Smooth Touring) Whammy Bars – Overmolded plastic blend where the climbing wire meets the baseplate to eliminate stickiness. (Note: not backward compatible with previous Arc, Surge or other older models) ST Touring Brackets – Overmolded with low-friction proprietary plastic over and through the bracket holes in the aluminum base - strong, smoother pivoting, and lasts 4 times longer than the old brass bushing.
- BASEPLATE: CNC Machined Baseplates – CNC machined baseplates remain solid for max stiffness and durability. All of the baseplate side windows have been partially filled to increase durability and strength 7075 Aluminum Heel Loops – 7075 Aluminum heel loops are thinner and lighter than our standard heel loops while maintaining the required strength.
- STRAPS: Pebax® Pillow Line Straps, Ladders and Adjusters – Pebax® is a plastic commonly used in high-end alpine touring ski boots, It is stiff, tough and 20% lighter than the standard material used.
- BUCKLES: Proven Burton Buckles
- HIGHBACK: Carbon Reinforced Asym Rip 'N' Flip Highbacks – Asymmetrical design features individual left and right highbacks that slope inward matching the rider’s stance / The upper section is flatter for improved lateral mobility / More material at the base for increased longevity and durability / Higher bottom edge won’t snag on boots with crampon welts or soles that wrap high on the heel Flippin’ FLAD toggles between your forward lean angle and -13° touring position for easy transitions. Lateral slots for our BD Touring Strap for greater edge control while skinning. Tool free micro-adjustable from 0° to 22° for complete customization of your forward lean angle Made with proprietary custom blended materials for improved strength and durability, while minimizing weight.